Sunday, December 19, 2010

Students must read

 Kai-fu Lee
letter to the students after me and the many Chinese students are focusing on how to achieve good communication and excellence, how to become leaders and start
. Recently, a chat room on Sina.com, and I received Many e-mail, I found more and more Chinese students need to know not how
Road, from good to great, but how to positive from confusion, from failure to success, from inferiority to self-confidence, from the melancholy
to happiness, from fear to optimism.
An extreme example is the February 2004 took place in Yunnan University Majiajue events. Majiajue brutally murdered his 4
name of students. But Ma Jiajue was arrested and psychological scientists view the content of the dialogue, he should not be an evil person, but
a lost, lack of self-confidence, character enclosed children. He and many college students, eager to know how to be successful only
, confident and happy.
my letter is for those who want to succeed but that the success of reach, but always eager to self-pity self-confidence, thirst
look happy but I do not know why the things students look happy The. hope this letter will give the reader a brand new set of successful
justice, encourage the reader to understand and recognize themselves to be a happy person. also hope that this letter will help readers understand the success,
self-confidence, Happiness is a virtuous circle: where you can be confident from the success and happiness, where you can get from the self-confidence into
happy and successful, from the success and happiness where you can be confident.
success is to be the best you
American writer William. Faulkner said: , it is hoped that everyone according to a model developed to measure whether each person The
pursuit bear the brunt of all walks of life, the success of the evaluation of a person, more personal wealth indicators. However, the best results with
can contribute to society? Yes fame we will be able happy?
true success should be diversified. success may be that you have created new wealth or technology, may be brought for others
you happy, you may be in the workplace obtained the confidence of others, it may be you find a return to self, Like
way of life. The success of each person is unique. So, Ling Zhijun, in its
to the conclusion that , so that their better each day than yesterday.
successful first step: take aim in life, be a proactive person
Sina chat room, when friends ask what my goal in life is when I answered in this: allow them to enjoy better, more efficient, can bring them happiness and joy
. force problems. I had to give up work in the United States, alone came to China was founded Microsoft Research China, it is because I feel that a job after
greater influence, and my goal in life is more consistent. Besides, when I received a closure letter from confused students
, write them a letter, I would think: Chinese students believe br> to tell you a truth, my biggest problem is the person in the meaning of life in the end I think what is the purpose? h
h after things in the here and now I see I was wrong. In fact, the meaning of life is that there really is. this? so, he may not go astray by.
so, whether to the truth, in order to influence, or for pleasure, family, morality, tranquility, knowledge, innovation and h
h Once goal in life, you can target, like me, under the guidance of life, decisively important in life to make a big decision
. Each person's goal in life is unique. The most important thing is, you have to take the initiative to seize their goals in life. But you must not be rushed
, not in pursuit of so-called The goal? many of my classmates asked me what their goals that? I can not answer, because
is only one person can tell what your goal in life, that person is you. only one place you can find your < br> The objective, that is your heart.
I suggest you close your eyes, the first one comes in your mind the ideal record, because they do not think the answer is
through the most sincere. or you can also look back at your happiest, most rewarding time, the existence of some
common? they are probably the most motivating your life goal. Furthermore, you can imagine Fifteen years later
, when you reach the perfect state of life, what kind of environment you will be in? what kind of work? one of the most fun thing
What is the situation? course, you may also wish more and friends and relatives to talk and listen to their views.
successful second step: to try new areas to explore your interests
yourself in order to become the best, the most important thing is to play to their full potential, pursuit of the most interesting and most passionate
thing. When you are interested in a certain area, you will be walking to class or taking a bath when they never forget it, you're in the lead more easily achieved within
success. Furthermore, if you have passion in this area, you may neither eat nor sleep for it, even when sleeping
think an idea will jump up. this time, you are no longer working for success, but for enjoy China can do it well, you definitely do not release all of the potential. So I do not agree with every student pursuing a professional hottest
door, I think everyone should understand their interests, passion and capacity (that is, emotional intelligence has said the , will be the technological advances and the development of human life improvements
excited. software love, Bill. Gates to give up mathematics. If he left school at Harvard to continue reading and become a Professor of Mathematics Education
Can you imagine his potential will be suppressed and to what degree? 2002, Bill. Gates, Microsoft's 25 years in leadership,
but resolutely to the CEO job to Steve Ballmer, because the only way he can participate in his favorite work
mm served as chief software architect, focus on software technology innovation. Although Bill. Gates was an excellent chief executive
, but when he he was named chief software architect, he was the technical direction of the company made a significant contribution, more importantly,
, he is more passion, more happiness, and which also inspired the morale of all employees.
Bill. a good friend of Gates, America's most outstanding investors, Warren. Buffett also recognized The importance of passion. When students asked him
the direction, he always so replied: I love the work. If you want me to give you advice, that this is the best I can give you good advice
the. a revelation is that they love is not vulgar, unified
fame, their fame is their vision and passion can bring. a well-known American Institute has conducted a survey administered
, was found Although most students want to chase fame and fortune in the admission, but alumni with the most fame and fortune, there are 90
% when the chase is the ideal school, rather than chasing fame.
I entered the university, want to engage in legal or political work. a year later I found myself not interested in it, learning as
results only in the middle. But I fell in love with computers, programming a day frantically, and soon caught the teacher , the students attention.
Finally, one day sophomore year, I made a major decision: to abandon more than a year after the nation's top three in the Columbia Law School has cultivated itself into
credits transferred to Colombia Department of Computer Science University obscure. I told myself, life
only once, should not be wasted in the absence of joy, no sense of accomplishment in the field. at that time a friend said to me, to change a lot of professional
will pay the price But I told them that there is no passion to do a job will pay a higher price. That day, I spent
heart in full bloom and spirits, I promise to myself, each subject three years after the University must take the A . If the decision is the day, this
day I will not have in the computer industry's achievements, and I probably just a small town in the United States to be a both unsuccessful and unhappy lawyers
.
Even so, the passion of my career and my father is far from comparison. I have always thought his father was a stern
who saw his father's favorite until last year, two students (they are now professor), I know how hot
father loved his work. his students told me: In the discussion of our favorite restaurants. He got to spend our time and money, far more than his income micro
thin. to find his favorite m
m teaching. He passed away in his drawer to find the students he encouraged his two sentences: things easy for the
results, but do not because they do well to think it is of interest to you. To find the true interest and passion, you
to ask yourself: for something, you are very eager repeat it, whether happily and successfully complete it? you have not been longing
to it? is always quick to learn it? it always makes you satisfied? you sincerely from the heart
clear if you can answer these questions, then you are lucky, because most of the students in the university four years in exploration or
remorse. If you have not found these problems The answer, I have only one suggestion: give yourself the opportunity to reach up to the most
many choices. I remember I first entered the Carnegie. Mellon's doctoral program, the school has a mechanism that allows students to pick the teacher.
first month, every teacher to make the body the stops to attract students. It is because of this mechanism, I was lucky enough to meet my mentor
Reddy, Professor, select the topic of my Ph.D. ; speech recognition. through libraries, networks, seminars, club activities, friends, communication, e-mail and other ways to find interest in
hobby. Only you can try to touch, you can only try to find your favorite.
my colleagues Ya-Qin Zhang once said: is an absolute failure. goals, one step forward
find your interest, the next step is to do the development of specific milestones toward their own ideals Yibubuxiang.
First, you should objectively assess the interest from their own What is also of hearing and vision? is to learn a lesson, read a book
, to do a more gregarious people, control their temper or become a better speaker? fifteen years became the best of their
and what their differences today? or otherwise? you should try to fill these gaps. For example, when I decided I
my life purpose is to make maximum impact, I found my is the lack of speech and communication skills. I used to talk to people
an embarrassing speech will fear the students came to power. I do when TA was especially poor, students and even to
I took an Fu Theater , and then give full play to the traditional virtues of Chinese people mm hard, up and Yi
force, efforts to complete the goal. For example, I demand of myself to do two speeches a month, and every time my classmates or friends
to sit, give me feedback. I promise to myself, do not rehearse three times, and never came speech. I asked to listen to his monthly
speech, ask for advice to the excellent speakers. has taught me a speaker Several methods to overcome fear, he said, If you look at the audience as
nervous eyes, you can see the audience's head, and the audience will still think you look at their faces
, also in the hands best not to take the paper and to hand with boxing, the way, shaking hands will not cause the audience's attention. When I
after repeated practice speaking skills, I discovered a lot of tips, such as: no script, through the storytelling to
expression, I will perform better, so, I still prepared speech but only when used in rehearsal; I found my ability to answer questions more than I
ability to speak, therefore, I usually stay for the time required to answer questions; I found myself not interested in things that can not speak good
, so I will not promise that I am not interested about the subject. A few years later, everyone around me
boast of my speech well, and some even think I was born a good speaker, in fact, I just practice hard the Chinese people,
up and just the traditional virtues such as perseverance.
any target must be real, measurable goals, not just stay in the ideological slogans or empty talk.
the subject of the development project aims to progress, do not measure you can not know whether they made progress. So, you have to abstract
, and can not be implemented, measurable goals can not be simplified into practical, measurable small goals. For example, a few years
ago, I have a goal is to expand my network of people in the company, but know bit influential people eat, the eating process, to re-introduce this person an influential person to me. know a person.
how much information to get, how many people employed by my department is in such a network of people in the know. A year later, I do
standards from these measures, see their own network of relationships with significant expansion.
the development of specific goals must be realistic about their capabilities. goal setting too high of course unrealistic, but the goal must not be too
low. on target and timely adjustments to be done: if exceeded their expectations, can expect to improve; If you do not meet the expectations of their
, can expect reduced. to reach a goal, you can then develop more challenging goals; fails to readily accept
, conscientiously sum up lessons learned.
Finally, another reminder of the students, the goal is yours, only you know what he wants.
goal to develop the most appropriate, take the initiative to enhance themselves and objectively in the promotion process measure progress, in order to be successful in order to become more
your own good.
self-confidence is self confident and not arrogant
who dare to try new areas, can more quickly develop their interests and talents more likely to succeed.
confident people more happy, because he will not always worry about and guard against failure.
many people think that self-confidence is successful. old was first a student, he had confidence. a Staff always improve, and he also had confidence
. But this is only the success of unified and centralized self-confidence.
fact, confidence is not necessarily a good thing. do not feel confident will be proud, but will lose the others depends on the respect and confidence
. good self-confidence is self-conscious, that is very clear what they can do and can not do. conscious self-confidence, his probability of success
very large; conscious when people do not self-confidence, He can try, but the risk will be frank to tell others.
people do not need to consciously build confidence through success, failure will not result in the loss of self-confidence.
confident first step: Do not underestimate yourself , give yourself pep
too failed, the students have a lot of people look down on me hh experienced than I, so I am inferior. ability. China is an old proverb: to the United States, the class could not understand a word of English
, once the teacher asked, / 7 ;, and send me to participate in math competitions, encouraged me to join
Mathematics Summer Camp to help students learn mathematics. her encouragement and recognition of the students gave me confidence. I began to tell myself that I have a math
days points. At this time, I especially want to learn English, because the only way to learn more math.
way this kind of education not only improves my self-confidence, but also helped me in every respect has made considerable progress. < br> Chinese-style education that people continue to overcome the shortcomings of the growth process is, so the teacher more in the criticism of students, for students to make the worst disciplinary Mi
. Although each subject should have learned ;, but the value of talent is the biggest
their full advantage. Gallup, recently out of a best-selling book some people are trying to grow up secret is to is to spend most of their energies on matters of interest to gain tremendous self-confidence.
Ling Zhijun's br> to Zhou child in the > I am confident. This is the happiest of my life experience, strength exudes a charming, has continued to this day.
I found the whole secret of genius, in fact, only six words: Do not underestimate yourself. ;
self-confidence is a feeling, you have no way an endorsement of the methods used to brain. To get confident, you must become your best cheerleaders, every night before sleep
might think, what happened today, something worthy of your pride? you get a good result? you help others do < br>? What is beyond your expectations? who praise you? I believe everyone can find a successful day's
thing, you will gradually find that these may be more meaningful.
have a famous coach before each game always requires recalls his favorite team a game. He even let members of the
favorite games and an action (such as clenched fist) linked so that their time to do this action, they will subconsciously think
proud of something, and then repeated before each game to make this motion in order to
hope that the students can become your own best cheerleaders, and cheer for you, make more friends, more memorable past success
, do not underestimate yourself.
the second step of self-confidence: with perseverance , courage, self-confidence from the success in obtained from increasing failure in the conscious
when you're feeling confident, no matter how small the success, you will particularly look forward to once again be their own or other people's positive,
this time, you need to have enough willpower. as long as you have the stamina, will, like Zhou said, Can you learn to question, but
you want to learn. If you own hands have a strong desire something, you will have a gritty
spirit, especially when you are When ordinary people. General Communication is no problem, but to the president before, always afraid to speak, for fear wrong thing. until
to one day do the restructuring of the company, President convened a meeting more than a dozen people, he asked each person speak in turn. I was like,
since some talk about it as the truth be told. So I bravely said: are poor, because the restructuring of our day, regardless of the feelings and thoughts to the staff
hh br> Well, I wish I had your courage to say. self-confidence, not afraid to speak in front of anybody
. this case fully confirmed, have the courage to face failure. We can not do it just by Pifuzhiyong doomed to failure
lost things. But when you fear failure, we might think about what you are afraid of losing? the worst fate that? you can not take
by it? In the above example, if the president rejected my view, he will not respect me? not only will not, others may also think that I am
courage. Moreover, the conscious people Learning from failure to recognize that they are not suited to do
situation, and then upgrade their own initiative. So do not fear failure, as long as you do the force, willing to challenge their own limits,
you should for their courage and pride.
a confident and conscious, and if they will bravely try new things, and perseverance to do it well, he will gain confidence from success in
, an increase from the failure in consciously.
confident third step: consciously set specific objectives, with an open mind to listen to others, develop self-confidence but also the assessment of
set specific goals, step by step forward. These goals must be measurable . I had left before I speak in the example of President
tell my daughter to listen to, because her teacher thought she was shy to speak in the schools do not raise their hands, and I want to encourage her vocal
. She agreed to try one test, but she believed that only at the appropriate time, there is only willing to
the best advice to speak Italian. But I think with the So, I
and she developed a measurable, realistic goals: one hand she held a day and if you have one month bonus. Then, we slowly increase the number of hands. A year later, the teacher noted that her classroom had enough confidence to speak.
self-confidence not paranoid, does not allow their own mistakes, or excessive self-centered, loss of an objective position. I have a extremely clever
out colleagues look for his life, before he would have said that. but because he is almost self-confidence and
to live, once a statement that he was wrong, he would say so outright, or simply denied. Although he is correct
rate of 95%, but 5% of the error so that he lost his credibility and the respect of others. This example tells us proud
or unconsciously self-confidence self-confidence even more dangerous than no self-confidence.
Emotional Intelligence in the consciousness of two levels: both for themselves and the environment Jieneng to master the objective and subjective situation. There conscious people do not
excessive self-criticism, and will not naively optimistic, they can objectively assessment of their own. Therefore, they will honestly face the limits of their ability
, will not easily accept their own ability to work outside. Of course, they are still willing to accept the challenge,
but will accept the challenge to do an objective risk assessment. such a person not only for their frank and honest to others also. frank
people will face the failure of the trust, because they know you accept the lesson. honestly face their shortcomings will be
to the respect of others, because they know you will not be presumptuous. Therefore, conscious people tend to be successful, it is easy self-confidence.
conscious people not only fair to yourself, but also the initiative to ask people around to their criticisms and feedback . They understand that although he is very conscious
, but others saw themselves as more important. the one hand, people in the eyes of their more objective, and the other
, the others saw their real existence their own (You have an open mind to understand and accept other people's ideas, but also with other people's ideas as the ultimate goal. For example, my daughter can assess their everyday speech, but in the end, only when teachers and students that she was a cheerful, br> have the idea of a student, she achieved the ultimate goal.
get honest feedback, especially negative feedback is not easy. So, you'd better have some brave and honest good friends
, they are willing to speak the truth to you in private. Of course, the negative feedback you can not have any complaints, or you hear the truth of the future to
. In addition to the feedback in private, the company in the United States, there is a kinds of say you still need to improve in certain areas, such allegations or boss than your own views more persuasive
. While in school, no such formal investigation, but you can still best way to understand other people on you want to
law. My father always taught us to seek the things to the public, this means open minded, not to Wells Sky,
limited their vision.
Majiajue said: look down on me.
cause, and self-improvement. frank exchange and a true friend can help Majiajue may prevent tragedy.
conscious people have set realistic goals for themselves, an objective measure of their own, and will invite others help assess.
such a person can continue to enhance their self-confidence, and confidence to avoid the development of pride.

happy is more important than the scientific proof of success: a good mood to play the most potential; happy to improve efficiency, creativity and the probability of correct decisions;
happy people have an open mind, willing to help others. but not so much happy to bring success, not as good as that purpose is
success bring happiness. I have recommend students pursue their own ideals and interests, in fact, do their own ideal, are interested in things
is a pleasure. So, success is more than happy should be our ultimate goal.
first step to happiness: accept your parents, the environment, their
always unhappy things to some frustration sulk, do not like their parents and teachers do not want to read a boring book, not
willing to deal with them. For these helpless thing, I hope students can learn to accept them calmly.
at all said: lonely. br> different environment, different ways of thinking, their definition of success may also be different on your expectations and your own expectations are quite different to
. but their way of life You went fairly long experience rich than you, you can not preconceived to exclude them
. In addition, you must understand that parents are in the world who loves you, they are the only people who pay for you unconditionally
, you should unconditionally accept the your parents. for their children parents often over-idealized, and neglect the vast majority of
parents, in their growth environment, we are more scarce than, less than, they may not have the opportunity to learn how to be a
a good parents, but their conditions are best. If we despise, reject their parents, the same is the source of their raw
disrespect life, then how ...

No comments:

Post a Comment